3. Task Manager
3. Task Manager
Never miss a follow up. Prioritize tasks. Set reminders. Keep organized.
Helping you keep organized and connected with clients is our top priority. Rest assured at night knowing that you didn't miss any important To-Do's with our simple daily, weekly and monthly calendar Task Manager to keep you focused on top priorities and organized. Every day. Review the five modules below to learn everything you need to know to simply your To-Do's now!
Course outline: 5 steps below (includes 1 video)
- 3-1 Task Manager Overview
- 3-2 Add A Task
- 3-3 Add A Recurring Task
- 3-4 Complete A Task
- 3-5 Track Your Activity
Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes
3-1 Task Manager Overview
Take the next minute to watch the video below and get a quick orientation on everything Task Manager.
3-2 Add A Task
Adding a Task or To-Do in RealOffice360™ is as simple as one-click! Additionally, you can add a task from several locations within the system so let us show you how!
Add A General Task in Task Manager
Add A Client Specific Task on Client Profile
Add A Client Specific Task on the Pipeline
Customizing Your Task
No matter who you add a task, all tasks have the same format. For any task you need to give the task a name and a due date. The rest of the details are up to you!
- Task Type: This is for you to categorize what type of task you are going to do. Is it a deal task? A general task? You organize your business how it makes the most sense to you!
- Task Name: The only required field when creating a task. Go for coffee. Pick-up lockbox. Deliver listing agreement. You write it, we remember it.
- Task Description: For those of you who want a little more room to add comments, this box is for you.
- Due Date: When is this task due? You get to pick a day and time!
- Reminder Date: Do you want a reminder? If so, pick the day and time and we will send one your way.
- Make a repeating task? See section 3-3 below.
- Associate task with client: Do you want to link this task to a client? For example, pick-up For Sale sign from Jane. Add Jane to your task so that this task will be found under her Client Profile as well as your Task Manager!
- Select All: If you have a task that you want to link to all your clients, like holding a Client Appreciation Party, click this button to have the task show up on all of your clients in the Client Manager!
3-3 Add A Recurring Task
In business there are some things that you want to complete each week. For this we have set up recurring tasks.
Create A Recurring Task
To create a recurring task, all you have to do is create a task like you would normally, and add one extra step.
Click on the bar that says, "Make this a repeating task" and select two things:
1. How often you want the task to repeat (for example, 1 means one time per time period) and;
2. The time period of recurrance (for example, week means every week).
So to setup a single weekly recurring event you would enter "1" and "Week" as per below.
Upon creating your recurring task, you will be able to view those task in your Calendar view. Note that only the first four events will be shown in the Calendar but all entries are there! We just didn't want to clutter things up for you!
3-4 Complete A Task
So you set a task, you did the task, now what? Mark it as complete! To do this you can complete a task in two different ways.
Complete a Task from the Client Profile
Complete a Task Form the Task Manager
Once you complete a task, it will be removed from your Task List and marked as a logged or completed activity. See Section 3-5.
3-5 Track Your Activity
In RealOffice360™ you will always have a running log of any activity you complete in your business and enter into the system! This can be great for remembering what you did or didn't do with your clients. To track your activity simply go to one of two places, the Task Manager or your Client Profile.